|Pages [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
|ASAJAYA DRAINAGE SCHEME
||Total areas for Asajaya Drainage Schme is 18,143 hectares. It is located between South China Sea in the nortah, Batang Samarahan in the west and Batang sadong in the east in Samarahan Divison, Sarawak. There are four (4) blocks within the scheme.
Asajaya I - 3,441 Ha
Asajaya II - 2,479 Ha
Asajaya III - 2,012 Ha
Asajaya IV - 10,211 Ha
|1. To prevent the intrusion of salt water during the king tide.
2. To prevent the flood during rainy season.
3. To develop the land within the project area for agriculture purpose.
4. To increase agriculture yield.
5. To increase economic and sosial activities for the residents in the area.
||There are seven (7) main rivers as listed below :-
1. Batang Samarahan
2. Sungai Moyan
3. Sungai Asajaya
4. Sungai Sampun
5. Sungai Semera
6. Sungai Jemukan
7. Batang Sadong
||The flollowing structures has been constructed :-
1. 22 nos. of Tidal Control Gate
2. 6 nos. of Tidal Control Gate
3. River Diversion and Canal
4. Widending, deepening and riverbank protection
5. Coastal erosion control
6. Perimeter bund and drain
7. Site Office and quarters
|Operation and Maintanance Activities
||To ensure good drainage system for agriculture development, the najor works in Asajaya Drainage Project are :-
1. Clearing and desilting internal and perimeter and perimeter drains, rivers and it tributaries.
2. Operation and maintanance of all the drainage structures icluding tidal control gates, bridges and etc.
3. Clearing and maintanance of all the farm roads and bunds.
|Agricultural Land Use
||For Asajaya Drainage project, the land under agricultural activities consist 89% or 15,163 hectares of cultivated area. This inculde the plantation of coconuts, cocoa, palm oil, fruits and vegetation.