DEPARTMENT OF IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE SRI AMAN DIVISION OFFICE
Department of Irrigation and Drainage Sri Aman Division Office began operating at Fort Alice in 1970. DID Sri Aman shared an office with other departments that also makes Fort Alice as a service centre. In 1973, DID Sri Aman has moved to it's own building located not far from Fort Alice. However, at that time, members of the staff of this department is a small amount compared to the existing staff of 46 employees. The new office is then remain in use until now. RESPONSIBILITIES OF DID SRI AMAN
- Plan and perform the operation and maintenance of Irrigation and Drainage Scheme, Urban Drainage and River Sri Aman Division.
- Investigate, study, and design Flood Mitigation Plan Program, Urban Drainage and Irrigation and Drainage Scheme at Sri Aman Division.
- Collecting the hydrological data and maintaining all hydrological stations in Sri Aman Division.
- Designing and implementing minor works relating to the Department's Core - business.
- Provide technical assistance to other government agencies in matters relating to the Department's Core - Business.
- Supervise, monitor, and report on the progress of development projects undertaken by DID Sri Aman at Sri Aman Division.